Join Our Team
We are building a team of super specialists dedicated to supporting women as they navigate the various difficulties of existing in the world, as well as transitioning, or attempting to transition, into parenthood. If this sparks a fire in you and you have a passion and desire to engage in this work, read more below about what it takes to become a member of the specialty team.
At Maine Maternal, we believe in work life balance. As an independent contractor, you can let go of the fear of micromanagement and trust that you'll have the freedom not only to pursue your own passions in your own way, but will be encouraged to develop a work style and schedule that works for you, your family and your life.
The ideal clinician will have a special interest and experience in some aspect of reproductive and maternal mental health including: perinatal mood disorders, infertility, pregnancy loss, birth trauma, adoption, couples counseling, parenting, etc. Group facilitators are also needed either alone or in conjunction with individual clinical work.
You can expect:
• Private pay clients only. No insurance requirements, very little paperwork.
• 100% virtual group practice – see clients wherever you choose, never schlep to an office
• Make your own flexible schedule. Unlimited time off.
• Free marketing uniquely tailored to you and your area of specialty
• Operate your own private practice in association with an established and growing group practice
• New client inquiries answered, screened and scheduled. Accept or deny as you please.
• We provide teletherapy software, a record storage and scheduling system, personalized email address, billing software, all forms, paid online advertising and website listing. Just show up, do the work you love and get back to your life.
• A supportive team environment with optional monthly group case consultations and individual consultations provided as needed.
• Free board approved individual supervision for contractors maintaining a certain monthly caseload
• Optional opportunities for blogging and public speaking to further support your reputation as an expert in the field.
• Competitive compensation and multiple opportunities for earning
• Must have a master’s degree, a valid license in good standing and a minimum of 1 year experience.
o LCPC, LCPCc, LCSW, LCSWc all accepted
• Must have clinical experience, training and knowledge of maternal mental health, parenting, couples counseling, women’s issues or related specialties (or willingness to get trained prior to joining the group)
• License must allow for assessment and clinical diagnosis as well as the provision of mental health therapy
Responsibilities as an Independent Contractor (IC):
• Maintain a caseload as agreed upon between Organization and IC
• Complete all clinical documentation in a timely manner
• Maintain your own office space and supplies, business phone, computer, internet and other necessary components of managing a private practice.
• Must adhere to supervision and training requirements as designated by the board
• You must supply proof of your own malpractice insurance.
• Commit to deepening clinical expertise and knowledge of relevant clinical modalities. Participate in appropriate ongoing professional training and education as required by state licensing boards.
• Willingness to participate in the team by sharing your clinical strengths and interests.
*Rates based on licensure level, specialty and experience. This is a fee for service position.*
How to apply:
• Please email a letter of interest and resume to Mallory Zwerdling at Mallory@mainematernal.com
• In your letter, please indicate why you’d like to join the team, a little about your relevant experience in perinatal, women’s mental health or other specializations, as well as any other clinical and professional strengths you have. Additionally, please outline your goals and how coming on board may help facilitate that journey.